Issue Flash is not loading on a web browser.
The first thing that we need to do is test to see if flash is able to be loaded or installed on the browser. Use the flowing link to test your browser to see if Flash is on your system and can be loaded.
If Flash is not loaded on your system it could be disabled, not installed, or on IE group security policies could be blocking it from being loaded. If you go thought the flowing steps and IE still does not work but, Chrome and Firefox do work then you will need to work with your IT department to allow Flash in IE.
Enable Flash Player in Internet Explorer
Ensure that Flash Player is enabled.
- Open the page that has the rich media content in Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu, in the upper-right corner of Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, choose Manage add-ons.
- Select "Shockwave Flash Object"(another name for Flash Player) from the list.
Please ensure that your current website has rich media content. If the current website does not contain rich media content, "Shockwave Flash Object" will not appear in the list.
- Click Enable, and then click Close.
We need to also check to see if ActiveX Filtering is turned on.
Disable ActiveX Filtering
- Open the page that has rich media content in Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu and choose Safety > ActiveX Filtering.
- Close the browser and open it. Then, try to view the content.
Flash Player in Google Chrome
Flash player is either not installed or not enabled for this site
Installing Flash from Chrome
- Download the latest installer from here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Be sure to un-select the additional options
- Close Google Chrome
- Use the downloaded file(Downloads folder)
- Run the installer
- Open Google Chrome
Enable Flash for iDashboards during an active session in Chrome
These steps are for if you are currently on the iDashboards webpage but have been redirected to the HTML5 interface
- Click on the i icon in the Address bar
- Find Flash
- Select Always allow on this site
- Navigate to the iDashboards URL again ***Do NOT Just Refresh the page***
Enable Flash Player for iDashboards in Google Chrome
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and select "Settings"
- Click on the "Show Advanced Settings..." link
- Click the "Content settings..." button
- Scroll down to the section for Flash
- Click on the "Manage exceptions..." button
- Enter your iDashboards URL in the Hostname pattern section and select Allow for the Behavior
- Click "Done"
- Click "Done" again
- Close the Settings tab
- Navigate to your iDashboards URL again. ***Do NOT refresh the page***
Flash Player in Microsoft Edge
To ensure that Flash Player is Enabled
- Click on the "..." then select "Settings" to open the Settings panel.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings and select the "View advanced settings" button
- Make sure the "Use Adobe Flash Player" is set to "On"
- Navigate to the URL of http://yourserver:<port>/idashboards/?nrd=true
- The added ?nrd=true will disable the iDashboards redirect.
- You should see a screen like the one below.
- By clicking on the icon to enable Flash, You will receive a popup in the top right to enable Flash.
- Select the "Always allow" option. Note that this will only enable Flash for running iDashboards. No other sites will be granted this permission.
- Navigate to the URL of http://yourserver:<port>/idashboards/
Flash Player in Safari
To ensure that Flash Player is enabled
- Open Safari, and choose Safari > Preferences.
- Select Adobe Flash Player.
- From the When visiting other websites menu, choose On, and then click Done.
- For each website appearing in Currently Open Websites, choose On in the menu on the right.
Flash Player in Firefox
To ensure that Flash Player is enabled
If Adobe Flash player is set to disabled you will be redirected to the html5 interface for iDashboards. If instead the browser is set to Ask to Activate you will be presented with a icon to click on to activate the Flash Player.
To permanently activate Flash follow the below steps.
- Click on the Menu icon(3 Bars top right corner)
- Click on the icon for Add-ons
- Find "Shockwave Flash" in the list of Add-ons
- On the right hand side, set the dropdown menu for "Shockwave Flash" to "Always Activate"