The iDashboards Salesforce connection uses a third party application to sync the data of Salesforce back
to a database. When properly configured the sync application will allow you to sync the data as
frequently as every 15 minutes. This will allow your iDashboards application the ability to display the
data from your Salesforce application.
- CDATA Sync for Salesforce (http://www.cdata.com/drivers/salesforce/sync/)
- SQL Database (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
Setting up your Database for the Sync of Salesforce
The sync utility allows for multiple database options for syncing. Due to this factor the below
instructions are informational steps not an exact step by step process.
1. Login to your database server.
You will need a System administrator account to perform all of the steps below.
2. Create a database called “Salesforce”
We will be using the database name of “Salesforce” in the rest of the document, if you choose a
different name the remaining instructions will not be accurate.
3. Create a Username for the Sync application to use
This account will be used for the sync utility to input data into the Database.
4. Mapping the Username to the database
Make sure that the Username has permission to login and configure the database.
5. User permissions
Grant the db_owner permission for this user to the Salesforce database. If a lesser permission is
granted not all features of the application will be able to be used.
SalesForce application information
1. Login to Salesforce (http://login.salesforce.com)
2. Click on your Name in the top Right and select "My Settings"
3. Click on the "Personal" section
a. Click on "Reset My Security Token"
i. Click the "Reset Security Token" button
ii. Check your email for your new Security Token
4. Document the required information
5. Security Token
c. Security Token:
Configuring the CDATA Sync Utility
1. Configure CDATA Sync Utility
I. Setting up the Connection Tab
a. Authentication Section
i. Place your "Password" in the "Password" line
ii. Place your "Security Token" in the "Security Token" line
iii. Place your "Username" in the "User" line
b. Click "Test Connection"
i. Close the "Connected to the server successfully" window
II. Setting up the Database Tab
a. Select the "Database" tab
i. Please configure your database information
ii. The most common information that will be needed is the
Server Hostname, Port, User, Password, and Database of your
iii. Click "Test Connection"
1. Close the "Connected to the server successfully" window
Run the synchronization process!
Below is a pdf document that goes over this process as well to be downloaded if needed.