iDashboards is able to connect to SQLite databases using a JDBC driver. This document gives a step-by-step procedure to install the JDBC driver and make the connection to your SQLite database.
A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database. To connect with individual databases, JDBC (the Java Database Connectivity API) requires drivers for each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol for transferring the query and result between the client and the database.
Install the ServiceNow JDBC driver from Unity on to the iDashboards server.
- Download the latest version of the SQLite JDBC driver from here:
- The driver will be a .JAR file. Copy this file into your <iDashboards Installation Directory>/ivizgroup/drivers folder
- Restart the iDashboards service
iDashboards Data Source Connection
Once you have installed the ServiceNow JDBC driver you can add this connection as a data source in iDashboards. The following steps will walk you through the process.
- Log on to your iDashboards Admin Application and click on the Data Sources tab
- In the (new) dropdown menu, select Generic JDBC and click Add Data Source
- In the Add Data Source screen, the following fields are required:
- Data Source Name: This can be named anything and is used for reference within iDashboards user application
- User ID: Database user with access to your database
- Password: Password for the database user
- Database URL (use the following template): jdbc:snow://yourserver.service-now.com
- JDBC Driver Class: snow.jdbc.SNowDriver
In the database URL, replace the path to your database (“yourserver” in the above example) with the proper sub domain to your ServiceNow database.
- Click “Save”. Your data source is now available.