This will require Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
iDashboards is able to connect to Service Now Digital works flows with a SQLite database using a JDBC driver. A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database. To connect with individual databases, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity API) requires specific drivers for each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol for transferring the query and result between the client and the database. iDashboards implements native protocols and does not require additional software installed on the driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with the JDBC Data Source via the specified driver. This document gives a step-by-step procedure to install the JDBC driver and make the connection to your SQLite database.
Install the ServiceNow JDBC driver from Unity on to the iDashboards server.
- Download the latest version of the SQLite JDBC driver:
- The driver will be a .JAR file. which you will copy to the following location:
- <iDashboards Installation Directory>/ivizgroup/drivers folder
- Restart the iDashboards service (iDashboardsSRV)
Once you have installed the ServiceNow JDBC driver you can add this connection as a data source in iDashboards. The following steps will walk you through the process.
Follow the steps below to set up a data source in iDashboards Admin or Data Hub.
- Select Data Sources
- Then New
- In the Data Source Type select Generic JDBC
- In the Create a Data Source window fill in the highlighted fields:
- Read User: Database user with access to your database
- Password: Password for the database user
- Database URL: jdbc:snow://yourserver.service-now.com
- Replace the path to your database (yourserver) with the sub domain to your ServiceNow database
- JDBC Driver Class: snow.jdbc.SNowDriver
- Click Save
For More Information:
- Creating a Database URL (Connection String)
- ServiceNow JDBC Driver Documentation
- iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.