Table of Contents
iDashboards can connect to a Quantum database using a JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) driver. The default backend for Quantum is an Oracle database. Before you can connect, the driver must first be installed on your iDashboards server.
- Check to see if you already have the driver installed. To do so, log on to the iDashboards Admin Application and click Data Sources. Underneath your list of data sources, you will see a list of installed JDBC Driver Classes.
The driver class for the Oracle JDBC driver is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver. Note the absence of a particular driver class from this list does not necessarily mean that it is not installed. To install the driver, proceed to the next step. If you already have the driver installed, you can skip the remainder of this section.
- Navigate to the below URL, Accept the terms, Download the ojdbc6.jar driver:
- Copy the ojdbc6.jar file to your <ivizgroup home>/drivers Note: For iDashboards production installations deployed using the automated Windows installer, the default <ivizgroup home> directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\iDashboards_SRV
- Restart your iDashboards Server service to complete the driver installation.
Once the JDBC driver is properly installed, you can make the connection in iDashboards. Note that the iDashboards server must have access to your database server, and you will need a username and password with at least SELECT privileges to your desired database.
- Log on to the iDashboards Admin Application and click Data Sources
- In the (new) row below your existing data sources, click the (Select Type) dropdown, select "Oracle (Thin)", and then Add Data Source
- You will be presented with the Add Data Source screen. The following fields are required:
Data Source Name: This can be anything you like and is for reference only
UserID: A database user with at least SELECT privileges to your database, the default for Quantum is "qctl".
Password/Confirm Password: The user’s password, the default password for the user "qctl" is "quantum".
Server Name: The host name or IP address of the server with your database server instance
Port Number: Your database server's port, default is 1521.
Database Name: The name of the database that you wish to connect to, the default for Quantum is cctl. To verify this information remote desktop to the Quantum server and open Command Prompt, type "sqlplus qctl/quantum@maxqprod". This should connect to the database. Then type the following in the SQL> prompt "select ora_database_name from dual;". The displayed information should provide you the current database name.
All other fields are optional. Please refer to the iDashboards Admin Manual for details on all of the fields
- Click Save. If all of the information is correct and there are no connectivity issues, your data source is now available
- iDashboards Enterprise