This will require Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
iDashboards can connect to a Firebird SQL Database using a JDBC driver. A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database. To connect with individual databases, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity API) requires specific drivers for each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol for transferring the query and result between the client and the database. iDashboards implements native protocols and does not require additional software installed on the driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with the JDBC Data Source via the specified driver. Before you can connect, the driver must first be installed on your iDashboards server.
- Download the latest version of the driver on your iDashboards server
- Unzip the downloaded file to a temporary location then locate: Jaybird-3.0.1-JDK_1.8.zip
- Copy the jaybird-3.0.1.jar file to your <ivizgroup home>/drivers
- Note: For iDashboards production installations deployed using the automated Windows installer, the default <ivizgroup home> directory is C:\Program Files\iDashboards_SRV
- Restart your iDashboards service (iDashboardsSRV) to complete the driver installation
Once the JDBC driver is properly installed, you can make the connection in iDashboards. Note that the iDashboards server must have access to your database server, and you will need a username and password with at least SELECT privileges to your desired database. Follow the steps below to set up a data source in iDashboards Admin or Data Hub.
- Log on to iDashboards Admin or Data Hub
- Select Data Sources
- Click New
- Select Generic JDBC
- In the Create a Data Source window fill in the highlighted fields:
Data Source Name: This can be anything you like and is for reference only
Database URL: The connection string to your database which should begin with jdbc:firebirdsql://
Example Connection String: jdbc:firebirdsql://server:port/C:\\Temp\\TEST.FDB
JDBC Driver Class: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver
The UserID and Password fields are required only if you do not include these values in your connection string. All other fields are optional.
- Click Save
For More Information:
- Creating a Database URL (Connection String)
- Firebird JDBC Connection Documentation (Java 8)
- iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.