iDashboards Enterprise v9.6 was released today and is available on the download site <link>. All notable new and updated features are directly related to the Data Hub, which debuted in the v9.5 release in July 2017. The Data Hub continues to focus on data manipulation and this release continues to address the needs of our customers.
- Accurately and quickly create database tables directly from the data flow of an ETL job.
- Reduce errors that occur when manually creating tables
- It’s a user friendly way to create database tables without the complexity of needing database skills.
ETL Transformation 'Change Case':
- Clean and prepare data
- Help with tasks prior to ‘Pivot’ and 'Aggregate'
ETL Transformation 'Limit Rows':
- Temporarily (or permanently) reduce the number of rows
- Reduce time to ‘test’ an ETL job
- Update a license file from the Data Hub Application
- Quickly troubleshoot most issues
- Find problems without complex and slow download/email/unzip
Multi-file Excel upload UI:
- Save tons of time uploading Excel files
- Quickly access all deployment and license information
- Easily copy to clipboard for email support
- Summarize specific parts of a complex date value
- Create charts utilizing accounting practices
- New options: Fiscal Year, Fiscal Quarter, Quarter & Week
- Existing options: Year, Month Day, Hour & Minute
- This will be an ongoing effort
Search within Edit Data Set & Edit ETL Job:
- Search within Data Sets and ETL Jobs
- Quickly find an item in seconds
- Every ETL task has a new 'Information' button
- Enhanced the in-application documentation to be more-accessible when needed
Excel & ODBC
- iDashboards will fully support the ODBC driver through June 30, 2018.
- New installations will not be able to use ODBC drivers, including Microsoft's retired driver for Excel files. This will permanently retire the legacy feature titled 'Excel Autodirectory'. Instead, all Excel files will be uploaded into the new Workbook Database. The upload process for the end-user is nearly identical and the performance will be superior.
- Existing installations, where Excel or ODBC drivers are currently being used, these implementations will continue to function as they did prior to v9.5.
- Existing installations, where Excel or ODBC drivers are not being used, these implementations will not be able to able to use them after upgrading to v9.5.
- Refer to the release notes of v9.5 for additional information <link>.
- To plan for end-of-life ODBC support within iDashboards, migrate all Excel files into the new format (utilizing the Excel Workbook Database which is also found within the Data Hub).
- Please consult with our technical support department for details on how to migrate existing charts.