In order to determine the correct iDashboards repository type, the iDashboards software must be already installed on the production server. Once iDashboards has been installed on the production server, perform the following steps:
1. Login to the iDashboards Admin application.
2. On the very first screen after successful login you’ll see a page similar to this:
3. Carefully make a note of the file and file path displayed in the “Properties File:” row.
4. With a text editor, open the ivizgroup.properties in that path.
5. The lines of text without the ‘#’ comments are read by the server.
6. Look for ‘db.driverClass’ and ‘db.url’. This lines will tell you what driver is being used to connect to the repository and where the repository server is located.
Common db.driver Classes and their Associated Database Types
- JTDS SQL Server = net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
- SQL Server = com.microsoft. sqlserver. jdbc.SQLServerDriver
- Oracle = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
- MySQL = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
More information regarding connecting to a repository can be found in the iDashboards Admin manual in the appendix titled ‘JDBC Driver Configurations’.
If you are unsure of the database type after examining the ivizgroup.properties file, please contact the iDashboards Support Services team for further assistance.
- X Platform
- Enterprise Suite