Can a chart or dashboard be moved from one installation of iDashboards to another?
Use charts and dashboards from one environment in another environment.
Note the versions need to be the same at this point in time.
- Go into the Admin Application of iDashboards and click on the System tab.
- Select the Import/Export tab.
- Select the drop-down Manage Global IDs.
- Select every option related to the charts and dashboards to be exported and give each option an ID under New Global ID.
- Do that for all six options listed under Manage Global Ids. These IDs will need to be unique to the exporting and the importing instances of iDashboards.
- Export the dashboards and charts.
- Now go into the ivizgroup directory and copy the content and excel (if you use excel) directory. This is needed for any images you upload.
- Create the data sources under the importing iDashboards instance. The data source(s) will need to be the same ID as the one that was put in during the manage ID portion on the exporting server.
- Import the dashboards using the “Import Charts and Dashboards” function under the Import/Export tab.
Note: Anything in the personal category can not be moved until it is moved into a public category.
- X Platform
- Enterprise Suite