How do you configure a LCD user?
On the purchase of one or more LCD user license(s), a customer will receive a new license file from the iDashboards account executive with the added LCD user(s). The username of the LCD user(s) is embedded into the software license file and cannot be changed.
- A user account must be created with a matching username (refer to the iDashboards Admin console 'Home' page for this predefined username).
- Assign a user role to the LCD account.
- Assign one or more user groups to the LCD account.
- Now invoke the special URL, for example:
- Replace the 'lcduser1' in the above URL with the actual username viewed in the Admin module for this LCD user.
NOTE: An LCD license is designed to get locked to the computer that is being used to connect to the iDashboards server. The only way to release a lock on an LCD user account is to restart the iDashboards server which will unlock all LCD user accounts. Once configured, use the special LCD Slideshow URL to start the slideshow from the machine.
Refer from the Admin manual on the topic:
Chapter 'LCD Slideshow'
- Enterprise 7.5 and newer
- X Platform 7.5 and newer
- Enterprise Suite