On the purchase of one or more LCD user license(s), a customer will receive a new license file from the iDashboards account executive with the added LCD user(s). The username of the LCD user(s) is embedded into the software license file and cannot be changed.
As of 9.7a we have introduced a new method in witch allows admins to manage there LCD from a central location without going to out the different LCDs to change the dashboards or configurations.
- To manage your LCDs, login into the idashboards/admin portal.
- Locate the license section and identify your LCD IDs.
- As you can see from the above this license has two LCDs: lcd1 & lcd2.
- Go into the Users Page
- Add your LCD users into your user list. We recommend using a naming convention such as last name use "LCD" and fist name the location this help you filter the users in the search quickly if I need to make changes.
- Now that we have added the IDs, go into the Manage Slideshow section on the top right of the user list.
- On the LCD Slideshows Manager screen you now see the slideshows user IDs you added in the list with an empty drop down at the end. We need to create our slideshows play list. On the right side, use the New button to start.
- This takes us to were we can setup our slideshows. We will now need to fill in the blanks and configure the slideshow.
- Show Controls: allows for the forward backward button to be removed from the screen.
- Show Countdown: when checked will display the time until the next transition.
- Interval Seconds: set the default time the slides will be displayed in seconds.
- Transition: pick between the different transition slide effect.
- Interval Seconds (on dashboards): allows for dashboards to be for longer or shorter duration.
- Once you have setup your slideshow Save.
- Now you should be able to set the Slideshow under your LCD user
- Now there will also be and icon that looks like under the user name. This link will give you the URL that you need to run on the LCD browser. By default the URL given will be for the Flash viewer to use html just add html 5 after idashbords/ and before /lcd.(mydomainname:6700/idashboards/html5/lcd?user=lcd1)
HTML5: Running the LDC in html5 could add some additional benefits. With the LDC mode you can minimize the header and footer space. Also some TV and lightweight system could crash the browser with prolonged use of Flash. Running in html5 will likely add longevity if there is issues with crashing of the browser.
Legacy Method Before 9.7:
- A user account must be created with a matching username (refer to the iDashboards Admin console 'Home' page for this predefined username).
- Assign a user role to the LCD account.
- Assign one or more user groups to the LCD account.
- Now invoke the special URL, for example:
- Replace the 'lcduser1' in the above URL with the actual username viewed in the Admin module for this LCD user.
NOTE: An LCD license is designed to get locked to the computer that is being used to connect to the iDashboards server. The only way to release a lock on an LCD user account is to restart the iDashboards server which will unlock all LCD user accounts. Once configured, use the special LCD Slideshow URL to start the slideshow from the machine.
Refer from the Admin manual on the topic:
Chapter 'LCD Slideshow'