How to set up a Public Access (guest) user account?
On the purchase of a Public Access license, a customer will receive a new license file from the iDashboards account executive with added Public Access user(s). The user name of the Public Access user is embedded into the software license file, and cannot be changed. The user name of the Public Access user can be viewed on the 'Home' page when logging into the iDashboards Admin console.
Here are the instructions to create and configure a Public Access user account:
1. Public Access user account must be added like any other user account. A user account must be created with a matching username (refer to the iDashboards Admin console 'Home' page for this predefined username).
2. Assign a user role to the Public Access account.
3. Assign one or more user groups to the Public Access account.
4. Once the Public Access user account has been configured, its username will be followed by an asterisk (*) in the iDashboards user list to identify it as such.
5. Login normally using the Public Access account you created and set up your user preferences (background skin etc), favorite dashboard etc.
6. Now invoke the special URL, for example:
Replace the 'guestusername' in the above URL with the actual username viewed in the Admin module for this Public Access user.
References from Admin manual on the Topic:
Chapter 7 - 'Managing Users'
Chapter 20 - 'Guest Logins'
- X Platform
- Enterprise Suite