This requires Admin privileges.
The first time you login, you will be prompted to apply your License Key, which will be supplied by your Client Success Manager. Once it is applied you will be able to login and start setting up your instance.
Replacing License File with a License Key
Automated License Renewal (ALR) is new starting 02/17/2021. This will be a complete change to the current technical way iDashboards handles licensing, easing the administrative needs of our clients when a license needs to change for purposes of: expiration date, user count, features added, etc. The previous License File, licensing model will be retiring throughout 2021. Using the new licensing model will not be required upon upgrade, however, beginning in February 2021 it will be a controlled rollout. Future changes to the license may require a transition to the new ALR process. The license upgrade process takes just a few minutes to perform. You MUST be on v11+ to move forward with the ALR.
- Contact your Client Success Manager or iDashboards Support and ask to switch to the new system
- They will help you switch over and send you a License Key when it has been completed
- After 5 minutes from receiving your License Key, you can login to iDashboards Admin
- Select System then License
- Click on the Upload button next to the Update License button
- You will then be prompted to Enter License Key or Upload license file
- Copy the License Key from your email and paste it into the License Key box
- Click Retrieve License and your license will then be updated
Updating a License File
Please follow the below steps to upload a new license file:
- Save the license received on to the application server
- Do NOT attempt to open the license file directly or save it with an extension other than .lic
- Login to iDashboards Admin -> System -> License
- Now click on Choose File to find the license file you saved to your server
- Click Upload
- You will see that your iDashboards Admin – About screen will get updated with the new license
For More Information:
- iDashboards Admin Manual 3.4.6 Installing a License File
- iDashboards Admin Manual 4.3 Activating iDashboards License
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.