Can a chart or dashboard be moved from one installation of iDashboards to another?
A company may have dashboards or charts in one or more development installations of iDashboards and want to mimic the dashboards or charts in another. The situation may be for testing of new dashboards and charts prior to deployment to a production system. The iDashboards Support Services team recommends one installation with development and production categories for most iDashboards deployments.
Dashboards and charts, as well as categories and picklists, may be exported from one installation and imported into another.
However, it is important to note that any dashboards, charts, or picklists that are under the Personal category cannot be exported. They must be re-saved to a named category first.
Following are the steps necessary to perform this task:
- In the iDashboards Admin console, click on the 'System' tab.
- Select the 'Import/Export' tab.
- Select 'Manage Global IDs' from the 'Operation' dropdown.
- Set global id's for all charts and dashboards, as well as other objects, to be exported.
- Set IDs for all six objects listed under 'Manage Global IDs'. These IDs will need to be unique to the exporting and the importing instances of iDashboards.
- Select 'Export Charts and Dashboards' from the 'Operation' dropdown. A .idbar file will be created.
- Create the data sources in the importing iDashboards instance. The data source(s) will need to be given the same ID that matches the one that was set during the Manage Global IDs portion on the exporting server.
- Copy the content directory from the ivizgroup folder on the exporting to the importing instance. (this step is optional if you have no uploaded any of your own images)
- Select 'Import Charts and Dashboards' from the 'Operation' dropdown.
- Import the .idbar file.
Note: Administrative privileges are required for this task.
- X Platform
- Enterprise Suite