The iDashboards Auto Uploader (IAU) allows for direct uploading of Excel files from a client computer to an iDashboards installation. The following is required to install and run the IAU on your computer.
The IAU has the following minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft .NET 4 Framework – Full profile
- Microsoft Access Connectivity Engine (not required but works best with it).
- The IAU requires that the user has administrator privileges on the PC for which the IAU is installed. These elevated privileges are necessary to create and execute tasks in the Windows Operating System.
- In order for the IAU to execute an already scheduled tasks, the system has to be turned on and connected to the network to allow for the transmission of the scheduled Excel file to the iDashboards server.
- The IAU schedules tasks on the computer with the default properties to only run the task when the user who created the task is logged onto the system. This means that if no one is logged on at the scheduled time, the task will not execute even if the computer is turned on and connected to the network.
- To change that, the administrator on the computer that created the task, needs to edit the task itself inside the Windows Task Scheduler, and change the setting in the Properties for that task to:
Run whether the user is logged on or not
Once this has been completed, the task will run even if no one is directly logged onto the system.
For More Information:
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.