Below are the iDashboards System Requirements.
- Operating System - Microsoft Windows 2012 or higher, or any version of UNIX or Linux for which a Java Virtual Machine is available.
- Application Server - Any J2EE-compliant application server that supports at least
the Servlet 3.0 API and the JSP (Java Server Pages) 2.2 API. Any J2EE application
server released since 2003 should suffice.
- Tomcat (Supported) – Version 7.0 (or above)
Support Status Tomcat JDK Java Not Supported 6.0 1.5 5 Not Supported 7.0 1.6 6 Not Supported 7.0 1.7 7 Not Supported 8.0 1.7 7 Supported 8.5 1.7 - 1.8 7 & 8 Supported 9.0 1.7 - 1.8 7 & 8 Supported 10.0 1.8 8
Java 8 and above no longer supports the use of any ODBC connections. While iDashboards can still function, this will not allow iDashboards to use Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access direct connections any more. Excel files need to be uploaded to the iDashobards Workbook before they can be used. Access can still be used with JDBC drivers that are available.
Other ODBC connects can be written to SQL database or the source would need some form of JDBC drive.
Note: Java 9 and greater are currently not supported.
WebSphere 8.0 or newer
WebLogic 12c Release 1 or newer
JBoss 7.1.0 Final or newer
- iDashboards Auto Up-loader - support XLSX and XLS formatted excel files.
- Requires system with the Microsoft ADO drivers installed.
- Java - A Java Development Kit (JDK) depending on the requirements of the application server must be installed on the server. A JDK includes a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to run the application server, and a Java compiler to compile JSP pages
- Version 1.5 (Java 5) – Not Supported
- Version 1.6 (Java 6) – Not Supported
- Version 1.7 (Java 7) – Not Supported
- Version 1.8 (Java 8 or later) – Supported and Recommended - Java Removed support for ODBC connection bridge.
- Database Server - Supported repository databases include: MS SQL Server (2005 or later), Oracle (9i or later) and MySQL (5.6 or later).
- JDBC Drivers - JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) drivers for the target database, and any database used as the Data Source for a dashboard. JDBC drivers are usually bundled with a database, or they can be downloaded for free from the vendor’s website.
- User Application – The user application has multiple technology options
- Adobe AIR version 126.96.36.199 or higher - Pre V10
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64 bit editions) with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Classic
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- A minimum iDashboards server version of 9.0 is required to allow view and build access to charts and dashboards. iDashboards between version 7.0 and 9.0 will allow view-only access.
- V10 Any current browser supporting HTML5 content. Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox and Chrome are all supported Browsers. We do not recommend using Internet Explorer if possible but replace your use with Edge.
- V9.7 and earlier - Any browser supporting the Adobe Flash Player plugin version 188.8.131.52 or higher, for the client interface. This interface offers a full experience with iDashboards.
- Desktop Application – Installation of the Adobe AIR application is required to install the iDashboards Desktop Application. This interface offers a full experience with iDashboards. Installation instructions are provided in the User Manual.