Below are the iDashboards System Requirements.
- Operating System - Microsoft Windows 2003 or higher, or any version of UNIX or Linux for which a Java Virtual Machine is available.
- Microsoft Excel: Excel files as a data source can only be used within a Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Application Server - Any J2EE-compliant application server that supports at least
the Servlet 3.0 API and the JSP (Java Server Pages) 2.2 API. Any J2EE application
server released since 2003 should suffice.
- Tomcat (Supported) – Version 7.0 (or above)
Tomcat JDK Java Not Supported 6.0 1.5 5 Supported 7.0 1.6 6 Supported 7.0 1.7 7 Supported 8.0 1.7 7 Supported 8.5 1.7 - 1.8 7 & 8 Supported 9.0 1.7 - 1.8 7 & 8
Java 8 and above no longer supports the use of any ODBC connections. While iDashboards can still function, this will not allow iDashboards to use Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access direct connections any more. Excel files need to be uploaded to the iDashobards Workbook before they can be used. Access can still be used with JDBC drivers that are available.
Other ODBC connects can be written to SQL database or the source would need some form of JDBC drive.
Note: Java 9 and 10 are currently not supported.
WebSphere 8.0 or newer
WebLogic 12c Release 1 or newer
JBoss 7.1.0 Final or newer
- Java - A Java Development Kit (JDK) depending on the requirements of the application server must be installed on the server. A JDK includes a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to run the application server, and a Java compiler to compile JSP pages
- Version 1.5 (Java 5) – Not Supported
- Version 1.6 (Java 6) – Supported
- Version 1.7 (Java 7) – Supported and Recommended
- Version 1.8 (Java 8 or later) – Partially Supported due to lack of Microsoft Excel and Access JDBC/ODBC bridge
- Database Server - Supported repository databases include: SQL Server (2005 or later), Oracle (9i or later) and MySQL (5.0.3 or later). All other repository databases for which JDBC drivers are available can likely be used.
- JDBC Drivers - JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) drivers for the target database, and any database used as the Data Source for a dashboard. JDBC drivers are usually bundled with a database, or they can be downloaded for free from the vendor’s website.
- User Application – The user application has multiple technology options
- Check a browser for Adobe Flash https://www.idashboards.com/flashversion
- Adobe AIR version 188.8.131.52 or higher
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64 bit editions) with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Classic
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- A minimum iDashboards server version of 9.0 is required to allow view and build access to charts and dashboards. iDashboards between version 7.0 and 9.0 will allow view-only access.
- In-Browser using Flash - Any browser supporting the Adobe Flash Player plugin version 184.108.40.206 or higher, for the client interface. This interface offers a full experience with iDashboards.
- Desktop Application – Installation of the Adobe AIR application is required to install the iDashboards Desktop Application. This interface offers a full experience with iDashboards. Installation instructions are provided in the User Manual.
- In-Browser using HTML - Any current browser supporting HTML5 content. This interface offers a view-only experience with iDashboards.
Please see the attached document for more information.
- Eval Cloud (Browser Requirement only)
- Cloud Standard (Browser Requirement only)
- Cloud PAL (Browser Requirement only)
- Private Cloud (Browser Requirement only)
- Enterprise Suite 7.0 to 9.0
- Enterprise Suite 9.1 and newer