This article has two attachments.
One attachment is a document named 'iDashboards Custom Regionsets.pdf'. It describes how to create and modify map XML files for use with custom regionsets. This document discusses an example regionset for three regions of grouped US States. The other attachment is an example map, with an example Excel spreadsheet, that corresponds with the document. Three regionsets of the United States are defined in this example map, East, Central and West.
Please download the map set by clicking on the Three Regionset Example.zip attachment.
To install this map, unzip the contents to your desktop then follow these instructions:
- Log into the iDashboards Administrator application and choose 'Settings' > 'Plugins'.
- Select the appropriate plugin type and, in the case of a custom map, subtype.
- Click the Add Plugin button. This will open the plugin upload screen.
- Both a single map and a Flex module plugin consist of a Flash movie (SWF) file and an XML file, while map sets and set-selectors consist of a single XML file. For a single map or Flex module, enter the paths to the two files in the appropriate spaces, either by typing them or by clicking the Browse button(s) and finding them on the disk. For a plugin set or set-selector, enter the path to the XML configuration file.
- Click the Upload button. The Administrator Application will upload the file(s) to server, check them for consistency and either accept them or reject them. In either case, it will display a status message.
Once this has been done, you'll now see the new custom regionset available in Chart Properties>Chart Types as a map and called "idashboards 3x regions". Selecting this chart type will allow you to use the regionset in the three region map
Please see the 'Managing Plugins' chapter of the iDashboards Admin manual for more information on installing maps.
- X Platform
- Enterprise Suite