Occasionally a customer might come across a Tomcat error upon logging into the server on which iDashboards is installed.
Tomcat however will appear to be running and the iDashboards application will be accessible as expected.
This Tomcat error appears when the logged in user does not have the right permissions to access the Tomcat install folders on the server.
Particularly the 'Tomcat7w.exe' application which resides in the below path:
<install directory>\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin
To resolve the issue, the properties on the ;'Tomcat7w.exe' application will have to be modified to run under the 'Administrative account'.
Here are the steps to accomplish this:
- Navigate to the below Apache Tomcat installation folder on the iDashboards server:
- <install directory>\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin
- Locate and right click on the 'Tomcat7w.exe' application and select 'Properties'.
- Click on the 'Compatibility' tab and under Privilege level, check 'Run this program as an administrator'. See image below.
- Click 'Apply' and then 'OK' to save the changes.
- Apache Tomcat 5.5 and Later
- X Platform
- Enterprise Suite