This is only intended for iDashboards Administrators.
The iDashboards Administrator application is a browser-based application used to configure an iDashboards Server. It is available once the idashboards.war file has been deployed to the application server and properly configured. Some key tasks that may be performed through the iDashboards Administrator application are:
• Creating chart/dashboard Categories
• Creating Users, User Groups and assigning privileges
• Creating links to external data sources
• Managing system settings
Alerts and Reports
Alerts, which are Real-Time notifications via e-mail on Chart or Dashboard Data, are now part of the Builder and Admin Manuals, as well as Reports. Reports is functionality that generates data reports based upon data used to display a live chart or dashboard. The reports generated represent values from a snap-shot taken at a particular time. All of the data values from each chart are displayed all at once within a report, using a tabular, non-graphical format.
- Designing a report – Reports are automatically available on every chart and dashboard. However, there are options to specify report properties that control what information the report should display and how it should look.
- Viewing a report – PDF and HTML are the two options for viewing a report. Running a report will use default settings or specific settings that were defined during the optional design stage.
- Scheduling a report – Determine if a chart or dashboard report should remain an on-demand report or an automatically scheduled report.
- Determining the audience – Scheduled Reports can be for personal use or for groups of iDashboards users.
This only applies to our Multi-Tenant and Private Cloud users.
iDashboards Cloud is a hosted solution providing dashboards in the form of software as a service (SaaS). It does not require any hardware or software installation on the user end. It allows the user to access dashboards through the web using secured log-in credentials. Authorized users can easily upload their Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets and customize their dashboards. Options exist for database connectivity. User management is done via the Cloud Administrator.
Users access dashboards via the Cloud User Application, which is the focus of this manual. iDashboards Cloud is a named user, SaaS, offering a multi-tenant environment shared by a number of customers. Each tenant is completely secure from other tenants. Some options and features include:
- Inherent data source options include Excel files and delimited files
- Available database options include SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
This offering does not support Reporting, Analytics, or video embedding and exclusively uses Microsoft Excel files as data sources.
iDashboards Private Cloud is a SaaS offering utilizing a dedicated installation of the Cloud software for each specific customer. Some options and features available within Private Cloud include:
• Inherent data source options include Excel files and delimited files
• Available database options include SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
• Co-branding: URL, Browser tab, Background Logo, Login Window, and more
• Web License
• Analytics and Reporting
• Multiple independent accounts (with users/dashboards/security etc.) on a single instance
• Custom charts
• iDashboards Packs: Google Analytics, Salesforce, Quickbooks Online (QBO), and more
• Single Sign On (SSO)
Section 508 Compliance
For Information on 508 Compliance Please see the Text User Manual.
Please select the administrator manual below that matches your iDashboards version. If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.