This will require Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
iDashboards is able to connect to an Apache Derby Database by using an open source JDBC driver. A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database. To connect with individual databases, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity API) requires drivers for each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol for transferring the query and result between client and database. iDashboards implements native protocols and do not require additional software installed on the driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with JDBC Data Source via the specified driver. This document explains a step-by-step procedure to create the Data Source.
Follow the steps below to set up a data source in iDashboards Admin or Data Hub.
- Download the driver
- Copy the driver, which is implemented as a .jar file to the following location:
- <iDashboards Installation Folder>\ivizgroup\drivers
- Restart iDashboards service (iDashboardsSRV)
- Login to iDashboards Admin application
- Click Data Sources
- In Data Sources set the data source type to Generic JDBC
- Click New
- In the Create a Data Source window fill in the highlighted fileds:db.url: jdbc:derby://host:port/database
- Click Save
For More Information:
- Apache Derby Database Documentation
- Creating a Database URL (Connection String)
- Apache Derby 10.5 API Connection Documentation
- iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.