A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database.
To connect with individual databases, JDBC (the Java Database Connectivity API) requires drivers for
each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol
for transferring the query and result between client and database.
iDashboards implements native protocols and do not require additional software installed on the
driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with JDBC Data Source via
the specified driver. This document explains a step-by-step procedure to create the Data Source.
Data Source Connectivity
Follow the steps below to set up a data source in the iDashboards Admin application for connectivity to the database.
1. Download the driver from https://downloads.teradata.com/download/connectivity/jdbc-driver
2. Copy the driver, which is implemented as a .jar file, to <iDashboards Installation
3. Restart iDashboards service.
5. Login to iDashboards Admin application, and click the ‘Data Source’ tab.
6. You can verify if the driver file is deployed properly by viewing the ‘Data Sources’ screen in the
admin application. (See highlighted area in Figure 1)
7. In the Data Sources Section, set the ‘(new)’ data source type to ‘Generic JDBC’ (See Figure 2), and click on the ‘Add Data Source’ button.
8. Under the ‘Add Data Source’ window, enter the necessary information to connect to the database
(See Figure 3).
- iDashboards Enterprise Suite