The Animated GIF ViPanel can be placed inside a dashboard frame and display an animated image (GIF) (See Figure 1).
The ViPanel dropdown list contains a list of ViPanels that are available to use. In this case Animated GIF has been selected.
The main configuration is the URL path to the image. The image can be hosted on an internal server or an external server (see Use Proxy). In our example we use an image from Wikipedia.
Refresh interval (in minutes)
If an image is not set to repeat within the image itself, a number can be added in this field so that the gif will refresh.
Smooth the image while scaling
Used in conjunction with 'Resize to Fit Frame'. This option will try to smooth the image as the screen resolution of the monitor changes.
If you are accessing outside of the domain you will need to check the Use Proxy check box. This will allow you to gain access to the contents that resides in a location other than your local network.
When adding the Animated GIF ViPanel depending on the location of the GIF image you may need some additional configuration. To enable the ability to access content outside of an internal network the iDashboards Proxy Server needs to be enabled.
To enable the Proxy Server:
- Log into the iDashboards Admin console.
- Click the 'System' tab.
- From the 'Settings Category:' dropdown, select 'Server Settings'.
- Edit the 'Proxy Server Enabled' setting.
- Set the value to 'True' and click 'Save'. See Figure 2.
Resize to Fit Frame
This option will try to fit the .gif file to fill in the whole frame.
Please download the Animated GIF ViPanel by clicking on the attachment below.
To install this ViPanel, unzip the contents to your desktop then follow these instructions:
- Log into the iDashboards Administrator application and choose 'Settings' > 'Plugins'.
- Select the appropriate plugin type and, in the case of a custom map, subtype.
- Click the Add Plugin button. This will open the plugin upload screen.
- ViPanels consist of a Flash movie (SWF) file and an XML file, while ViPanel sets and set-selectors consist of a single XML file. Enter the paths to the two files in the appropriate spaces, either by typing them or by clicking the Browse button(s) and finding them on the disk. For a plugin set or set-selector, enter the path to the XML configuration file.
- Click the Upload button. The Administrator Application will upload the file(s) to server, check them for consistency and either accept them or reject them. In either case, it will display a status message.
Please see the 'Managing Plugins' chapter of the iDashboards Admin manual for more information on installing ViPanels.
- Enterprise 8.0 to current