A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database.
To connect with individual databases, JDBC (the Java Database Connectivity API) requires drivers for
each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol
for transferring the query and result between client and database.
iDashboards implements native protocols and do not require additional software installed on the
driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with JDBC Data Source via
the specified driver. This document explains a step-by-step procedure to create the Data Source.
Data Source Connectivity
Follow the steps below to set up a data source in the iDashboards Admin application for connectivity to the database.
1. Download the JDBC driver from:
2. Copy the driver, which is implemented as a .jar file, to:
<iDashboards Installation Folder>\ivizgroup\drivers Directory.
3. Restart iDashboards service.
5. Login to iDashboards Admin application, and click the ‘Data Source’ tab.
6. In the Data Sources Section, set the ‘(new)’ data source type to ‘Generic JDBC’, and click on the ‘Add Data Source’ button.
8. Under the ‘Add Data Source’ window, enter the necessary information to connect to the database.
Additional information regarding the Generic JDBC option:
db.url: jdbc:redshift://Instance URL:Port/database_name
**The iDashboards server will need to be allowed through the AWS firewall for a successful connection!**