iDashboards Enterprise service release v9.7c was released today and is available on the download site <link>.
iDashboards LDAP User Synchronizer Improvements
The LDAP User Synchronizer is currently configured through the ivizgroup.properties file. It is invoked immediately after a user is authenticated by some external mechanism (typically through a single sign-on mechanism) but before the user is allowed into the application. It previously has the capability to:
- Create a user record for the authenticated user in the iDashboards repository if it did not currently exist.
- Assign to the newly created User a default Role, primary Group and 0 or more secondary Groups. Role and Group assignment are statically assigned to all Users. This 1-to-1 relationship often required manual administration to further refine settings.
The v9.7c release includes an advanced post-authentication set of features which most large implementations will benefit as it eliminates much of the overhead for configuring Users and Group permissions.
- New features include:
- Assign the Primary and Secondary Groups per individual User
- Set the favorite dashboard per individual User
- Contact iDashboards Support for assistance
iDashboards Auto Uploader
An existing utility called the iDashboards Auto Uploader (IAU) has been redeveloped with an entirely new architecture for handling advanced Excel file uploads. Uploading Excel files through the browser will retain existing functionality. Refer to this article for additional details "iDashboards Auto Uploader".
New features include:
- Upload Excel files larger than 10MB
- Additional support has been added for handling Excel functions
- Scheduled uploads can now occur every: 1, 2, 4, 6, or 12-hours (in addition to the previous daily, weekly and monthly options)