The iDashboards Builder is the first level user role which experiences the Lobby. The Lobby is a special landing page that only appears when two conditions exist:
- Device type = Desktop Browser
- User role = Builder, Data Admin or Admin (User role NOT a Viewer)
The Lobby requires you to navigate into the interface you want to experience. If your user role is Builder or Data Admin, you will have the Lobby options View and Build. However, having the Admin user role includes the third option of Admin. Those with the Viewer user role do not experience the Lobby, as these users will automatically log into the viewer interface.
The Builder interface is where charts, dashboards, picklists and forms (if enabled) are: created, edited, saved and deleted. Building dashboards is far more complex than viewing dashboards, so this manual will be particularly useful for those responsible for building dashboards. Builder interface is not sufficient for viewing or experiencing a dashboard. The three main purposes for using the Builder Interface:
- Creating – Using the New button a builder can create: charts, dashboards, picklists or even forms if enabled. These items can only be saved within the Categories where the user has Save permission.
- Editing – Using the Open options a builder can make edits to existing: charts, dashboards, picklists or forms if enabled. These items can only be re-saved into the Categories where the user has Save permission.
- Deleting – Using the Delete button, a builder can delete existing: charts, dashboards, picklists or forms if enabled. These items can only be deleted within the Categories where the user has Save permission.
Alerts and Reports
Alerts, which are Real-Time notifications via e-mail on Chart or Dashboard Data, are now part of the Builder and Admin Manuals, as well as Reports. Reports is functionality that generates data reports based upon data used to display a live chart or dashboard. The reports generated represent values from a snap-shot taken at a particular time. All of the data values from each chart are displayed all at once within a report, using a tabular, non-graphical format.
- Designing a report – Reports are automatically available on every chart and dashboard. However, there are options to specify report properties that control what information the report should display and how it should look.
- Viewing a report – PDF and HTML are the two options for viewing a report. Running a report will use default settings or specific settings that were defined during the optional design stage.
- Scheduling a report – Determine if a chart or dashboard report should remain an on-demand report or an automatically scheduled report.
- Determining the audience – Scheduled Reports can be for personal use or for groups of iDashboards users.
This only applies to our Multi-Tenant and Private Cloud users.
Users access dashboards via the Cloud User Application, which is the focus of this manual. iDashboards Cloud is a named user, SaaS, offering a multi-tenant environment shared by a number of customers. Each tenant is completely secure from other tenants. Some options and features include:
- Inherent data source options include Excel files and delimited files
- Available database options include SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
This offering does not support Reporting, Analytics, or video embedding and exclusively uses Microsoft Excel files as data sources.
iDashboards Private Cloud is a SaaS offering utilizing a dedicated installation of the Cloud software for each specific customer. Some options and features available within Private Cloud include:
• Inherent data source options include Excel files and delimited files
• Available database options include SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
• Co-branding: URL, Browser tab, Background Logo, Login Window, and more
• Web License
• Analytics and Reporting
• Multiple independent accounts (with users/dashboards/security etc.) on a single instance
• Custom charts
• iDashboards Packs: Google Analytics, Salesforce, Quickbooks Online (QBO), and more
• Single Sign On (SSO)
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.