1. Log into the Financial Edge software and create an admin user account.
*Note: We recommend a separate account that will be used exclusively for the API connection, but you're welcome to use an existing Admin account.
2. Log into https://developer.blackbaud.com/ and create a developer account using the login you created in step 1. This will tie the app to the software.
3. Once logged in you should be in the My Subscriptions tab and you will see two subscription keys. Copy the Primary Access Key to a text editor to be used later when building the Connection String.
4. Next go to My Applications and click the Add button.
5. Fill in all the required fields and save.
6. Once saved you'll be redirected to the details page of your app.
7. Notice the Application ID and Application Secret at the top. Copy them to a text editor to be used later when building the Connection String.
Building the connection string
The following steps will need to be performed on the iDashboards server
1. Open the command line and navigate to your drivers folder.
By default it will be located here. C:\Program Files\iDashboards_SVR\ivizgroup\drivers>
2. Run the command "java -jar cdata.jdbc.financialedgenxt.jar" to open the driver connection properties.
3. Scroll down to the OAuth section.
4. Set Initiate Oauth to GETANDREFRESH
5. Fill in the Callback/Redirect URI, OAuth Client ID and Secret, and the Subscription Key which is the Primary Access Key from step 3 in the first section.
The callback URL should be http://localhost:6700 by default.
6. Stop the iDashboards Server Service and click Test Connection in the connection properties window.
7. This should open a browser and in the URL you will see a code. This code is your OAuth Access Token. Plug that into the appropriate field in Connection Properties.
8. In the Connection Properties, set OAuth Settings Location to C:\CData\FinancialEdgeNXT Data Provider\OAuthSettings.txt. This will generate a text file that regenerates the Refresh Token when a successful connection is made.
9. Start the iDashboards Server Service
Setting up the Data Source connection
1. Log into the Admin Console or Datahub and go to the Data Sources tab.
2. Click New, Fill in the Data Source Name, select the Data Source Type of Generic JDBC. Some of the fields will change.
3. Copy your Connection String you just created into the Database URL field.
Note: If the whole string doesn't fit in this field, you can cut out the client ID and secret and paste this into Optional Driver Properties.
4. Copy the JDBC Driver Class into the JDBC Driver Class field and Save
For more information: https://developer.blackbaud.com/skyapi/docs/authorization/implicit-flow/tutorial