Creating your Zoho App
- Log into https://accounts.zoho.com/developerconsole using you Zoho login
- Click Add Client ID and fill out the Client Name, Domain, and Redirect/Callback URL and click create and you will be shown your Client ID and Secret
- Copy the Client ID and Secret to notepad and Click Close
- You should be taken back to the Developer Console
If for some reason you need see the Client ID and Secret or update the information you previously filled in like the Callback URL you can click the ellipsis button and Edit.
Building Your Connection String
Open the Zoho driver (cdata.jdbc.zohocrm.jar) to update the connection properties. The file should be located here by default. C:\Program Files\iDashboards_SRV\ivizgroup\drivers
If you are unable to open the properties by double clicking it can be accomplished via command line.
Navigate to the drivers folder and type the command "java -jar cdata.jdbc.zohocrm.jar"
1. Fill in your Callback URL, Client ID, Client Secret, and set Initiate OAuth to GETANDREFRESH
2. Stop the iDashboards service and click Test Connection in the Connection Properties
You should see a browser pop up with a CDATA page stating that the connection is successful, it also generated some files that you need that should be located here by default.
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\CData\ZohoCRM Data Provider
You can move the files to another location if you like.
3. In the connection string properties set Initiate OAuth to REFRESH and start the iDashboards service.
Finally we're going complete the connection string
4. Copy the connection string you built in the driver to notepad
5. At the end of the connection string you need to add the path to the OAuthSettings.txt you created a couple steps back. The connection string should look similar to below..
- Log into the Datahub, click the Data Sources tab and click New
- Give the data source a name
- Select the Data Source Type of Generic JDBC and the form will change
- Copy the connection string you created into the Database URL field
- Copy cdata.jdbc.zohocrm.ZohoCRMDriver into the JDBC Driver Class field
- Check Allow Custom Queries and Save.