1. Create a Google Ads Manager Account
- Create a Name for your account and submit
- Sign up for AdWords API access through your Manager Account. Sign in, then navigate to TOOLS & SETTINGS > SETUP > API Center. The API Center option will appear only for Google Ads Manager Accounts.
- Fill out all the fields, accept the terms, and click Create Token.
- Copy the Developer Token to a text editor.
- Click on Access Level to expand the field and then click Apply for Basic Access.
- Fill out the application form to activate your Developer Token.
Note:” We typically contact you within two business days of the date you submitted your application, at the email address you provided in Step 2: If you no longer have access to this inbox, or if you're not planning to actively monitor this email address, edit your email address in the API Center by following the instructions above in Step 2, so we can contact you. Your assigned developer token will be activated once your application for API access is approved. Your token will be available through your API Center—accessible through the Account settings menu for the Manager Account from which you applied. You'll be able to access the API by including it in your request headers when interacting with our system.”
- Follow the steps in the guide below. It describes how to obtain your Client ID and Client Secret, which will then be used to generate your Access and Refresh Tokens that will be needed to complete the Connection string. https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/authentication
Copy the two tokens and your Client ID and Client Secret to your text editor
- Now that you have the Developer, Access, and Refresh tokens, you just need your Client Cutomer ID, which can be found in the Google Ads Manager in the upper right corner next to your avatar. Copy this to your text editor.
- Use the ID and tokens you’ve acquired in the previous steps and plug them into this connection string. (Without Brackets)
jdbc:googleads:Client Customer Id=[Your Customer ID];Developer Token=[Your Developer Token];Initiate OAuth=GETANDREFRESH;OAuth Access Token=[Your OAuth Access Token];OAuth Refresh Token=[Your OAth Refresh Token];
- Log into the Admin or Dathub -> Data Sources -> New
- Fill in a Data Source Name
- Select Data Source Type of Generic JDBC
- Copy your connection string from step 10 into the Database URL field.
- Copy this into the JDBC Driver Class Field cdata.jdbc.googleads.GoogleAdsDriver
- Finally fill in the string below with your client id and secret and copy it into the Optional Driver Properties, check Allow Custom Queries and Save.
OAuth Client Id=[Your Client ID];OAuth Client Secret=[Your Client Secret];