In this article, I'm going to show you how to create buttons that drill down to charts in a separate frame.
I'm going to keep it simple with just two buttons each loading a different chart. What's nice about this is that the charts the buttons load don't have to have any data in common.
- Create a new dashboard and split it into 3 frames.
- Select the frame that you would like the chart to load in and in the Frame Tag field at the top, give the Frame a name.
- Open the chart designer in one of the "Button" frames.
- For the Data Set select Create Data, make two columns and enter something like "a" into the string column and "1" into the number column > Next
- Axis List add both columns > Next
- Select the Gallery chart type from the Presentation Chart Category > Next
- In the Gallery Settings > Image URL Template select an image you'd like to use as a button.
- Next, select Drilldown to Chart, and select the chart you would like the button to load in the Target Chart Field.
- Lastly, select your "Chart Frame" using the Target Dashboard Frame dropdown menu and save the chart.
Repeat steps 3-9 in the other "Button" frame or any subsequent buttons you'd like to add o your dashboard.
Attached is a 1min video of what the setup should look like.