With the success of our NextGen platform, originally launched in v10.0 (and further developed in v10.1, v10.2, v10.3, v10.5, v10.6, v11.0, v11.1 and v11.2), we will be ending support of the legacy utility named "iDashboards Desktop Application" (iDA). The iDA was a technology built using Adobe Air and acted as a utility to create Adobe Flash based dashboards without having to use a Browser and the ever-problematic Adobe Flash Plugin. Furthermore, the iDA is only capable of using features dating back to v9.7 and has not been updated significantly since then.
v11.2 will be the last release to support:
- The iDashboards Desktop Application
- Our "Legacy" CDROM build (available since v10.0)
- The ability to author content into the "fv2" (flash) tables
In the next major release after v11.2, users will:
- Not be able to use the Desktop App
- If someone attempts to connect to a v11.2+ instance with the desktop app, they will get an error message saying it is not supported on that version.
- Continue the process of migrating “fv2” (flash) content into “fv3” (NextGen) content
Therefore, if the Desktop Application is mandatory within your establishment, you will only be able to migrate forward to iDashboards v11.2 and will never be able to migrate any further until you switch entirely over to the NextGen platform.
- v10.0 was released on 05/30/2019 (NextGen)
- v10.3 was released on 05/14/2020 (All Maps)
- v10.5 was released on 09/30/2020 (Data Forms)
- v10.6 was released on 11/19/2020 (major builder improvements)
- v11.0 was released on 02/17/2021 (Automated License Renewal – ALR)
- v11.1 was released on 05/03/2021 (Page Manager, Mobile Dashboard Designer)
- v11.2 was released on 09/30/2021 (Knowledge Base)
- At the time of this article, the next major release after v11.2 does not yet have an estimated timeline